7.26.2010

Little Cupcake Lady's DREAM...

Hello cupcake lovers and friends!

At the this very moment, I am waiting for the first trial of my "Kit Kat Cupcakes." Before I share the details of the first batch I am making, I would like to share with everyone about the wonderful dream I had.

In a little over a month I will be leaving for Japan to teach English! With this on my mind, I have been sleeplessly thinking about Japan and how life will be there. One night, I finally was able to fall asleep from all the Japan excitement/stress, but of course, I had a dream about me living in Japan! My lovely family was in Japan visiting me, and we make a trip to the local Japanese grocery store. In the grocery store, there is a bakery section. Guess what I see... A section of candy flavored foods. There were Kit Kat flavored foods like pizza, pies, cookies, and.... CUPCAKES! (I just recently came back from my vacation in Asia, and my search for different flavored Kit Kats that are originally from Japan was still on my mind. I think that's why Kit Kats appeared.) The only thing from my dream's Japanese bakery that left an impression on me when I woke up was the Kit Kat cupcake!! I realized that my obsession for cupcakes and the love for Kit Kats were the best two things to put together! Just like Hot Cheetos and cookies n cream icecream! :)

(30 minutes later)

So, I looked through my book of cupcake recipes and felt like a chocolate cupcake recipe would be the most appropriate to start from. Kit Kat (after a debate on what flavors are in Kit Kats with my sister) is made up of milk chocolate and wafer. So, I decided to replace the semi-sweet chocolate morsels to 66.67% crushed Kit Kats and 33.33% of milk chocolate morsels. And this is how they came out...

Trial One



The top view of the cupcakes look like molecules...



The one I tried...



The frosting is YUM!!~ I can really taste the Kit Kat. In my last minute frosting I whipped up, I used more Kit Kats than morsels just like the cake. It really compliments the cake big time. The cake is very moist, and it smells so chocolaty! However, the taste isn't as chocolaty or Kit Kat-y as I imagined it would be...


Back to the drawing board!!!


Little Cupcake Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment