7.29.2010

Will Work for Cupcakes

So I recently received some wonderful news. Things have fallen into place nicely, and I will be working in the the Woodlands come next week. I decided to familiarize myself with the area. I hopped into the car with my friend, and after lunch, I came up with the great idea of visiting the new cupcake shop that opened Spring 2010: Frost Bake Shoppe. Surprisingly, it is the first cupcakery to open in the Woodlands and conveniently located less than a mile from my new workplace. What more could I ask for?


We approached the shop, and it is full of customers savoring every little bite and smiles walking away with boxes of little goodies. The baby blue walls and the cupcake theme throughout the place gave it a nice and quaint feel. I made my way towards the case and there before me was a beautiful selection of flavors. Most cupcake shops have common flavors that are available everyday and also daily special flavors that are offered on specific days of the week. Today's daily special: chocolate extreme, chocolate peanut butter, italian cream, chocolate salted caramel & lemon


A solitaire chocolate salted caramel cupcake sitting in a separate display case caught my eye, the last one in the batch. I was definitely at the right place at the right time. So the story is, I fell in love with the acquired flavor a few winters back when Starbucks offered a seasonal flavor: salted caramel hot chocolate. They since have not brought back the flavor, so every chance I get I don't let pass.


Spicy Cupcake Lady's review: chocolate salted caramel: The frosting was on the heavy end of sweetness factor. It was overwhelming. The caramel drizzled on the top gave it a nice touch, but there was not a taste of salt on the cupcake which i think would help to neutralize the sweetness. The cake was moist, but the flavor of it was just your everyday chocolate, nothing unique. I think if the caramel flavor was infused in the cake and sea salt was incorporated on top it would then deserve the name: salted caramel. This will be one of my upcoming experiments: salted caramel cupcakes. I will share my previous recipes with you cupcake lovers soon.

I had a taste of the Chocolate Extreme yesterday. I was told it was a new addition to their flavors. It consists of dark chocolate and chocolate ganache. The frosting was delicious and the cake was very moist and tasteful.
If you're a chocolate lover it is definitely a must try! A vanilla with milk chocolate is waiting to be eaten. My girlish figure can only handle one cupcake a day, so I will share my review once this baby's consumed.

I will definitely become a regular at this spot. So far, 1 of 2 is a go, so I intend to give them all a try!

Spicy Cupcake Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment