8.12.2010

You are what you eat. Call me Cupcake.

I have long kissed boxed cake mixes goodbye and have been doing a little bit of experimenting lately. I'm no Martha Stewart, but I think I may have a new-found nitch. I might add I've become quite a snoot for fine-tasting cupcakes and refuse to settle for anything less. That goes for all the cupcakeries I frequent and the ones I pull from the oven. I spent that evening researching chocolate salted caramel cupcake recipes and gathered pieces of different recipes that appealed to me. If you have not tried the flavor it is definitely a must-try but be forewarned it is an acquired taste. It will either satisfy your sweet and salty desires or may keep you from a round of seconds. I'm a big fan of "fills" in desserts, so I thought I would give this one a fill. It is also a little secret to prolong the moistness of the cake. Once the cupcakes are out of the oven and cooled, create a small, conical pit. then spoon a small amount of filling and top it off with a dash of sea salt.



I decided to make mini cupcakes this time around. And yes, these little minis are too adorable. You can also have a cupcake and feel half as guilty eating it. The important thing to keep in mind in a recipe like this is not to overdo the salt. Sprinkling a small amount of sea salt on top of the fill and on top of the frosting is the perfect amount. The frosting recipe I found was delicious and completed the package very well. I also added caramel drizzle to top it off. This creation is definitely worth the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment